Thursday, May 21, 2015

An announcement!

The itinerary for the summer has changed. A couple weeks ago, another SPEAN and I were offered a chance to intern with IDEMA, an organization in Istanbul that implements economic development projects.

For a month before our study abroad program, Roberta and I will live in Istanbul and work with IDEMA. One of our internship coordinators helped us find a two-bedroom apartment near Taksim Square so we can move in as soon as we get to the city.

My flight leaves Chicago on Saturday. I found a flight with Air France for under $1000 that stops for a few hours in Amsterdam. I'll get to Istanbul Sunday afternoon and hopefully be settled into my apartment that night.

So the new plan for the summer is: one month in Istanbul doing an economic development internship; one month in Ankara and Istanbul studying economic development; and one month in Greece WWOOFing on a farm.

Check in with you in Turkey!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment