Monday, June 22, 2015

Harbiye!!

I took these pictures/videos like a million years ago, and after having shared that R and I lived in Harbiye, which is one of the neighborhoods in which The Museum of Innocence takes place, it seems fitting that you finally get to see what Harbiye looks like! Our colleagues said Harbiye is a really nice place to live, but R and I might disagree only because our particular building was blessed with mold and about 150 big, fat, hot dog-shaped slugs, of which I am dreadfully averse.

In any event, our neighborhood was beautiful, and you'll see in some pictures what I referenced in my first post after arriving about the new city being built right on the old—new, beautiful buildings share walls with decrepit, empty shells. Some buildings had beautiful tiling in varying shades of pinks, blues and purples, and most had a bowl of cat food on the stoop. Because, of course, there were cats everywhere, including our angel, Leah. *insert hearts-in-eyes emoji*

















 

And this is where R and I lived for one month! In the luxurious "Istanbul Suites", not complete with air conditioning, working dryer or oven, but 100% complete with crazy landlord, wonderful Italian roommate and lots and lots of oatmeal.


And there you have it! Two blogs in one night! My my, aren't you lucky?!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment